Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fall Plaid

Welcome to the new blog! As you can see, I've copied some of my favorite designs from The Variety Pages to get started. Here's my design for this week.

Last night was an exercise in frustration for my manicure. I wanted to do some marbling...but the "dot and swirl" method wasn't working, and neither did the water marbling method. Apparently I need to read up on those more, and figure out what I'm doing wrong.

So I finally settled on this fall plaid pattern, and while it could be better, I don't think it turned out too badly....

Colors Used:
China Glaze "Cross Iron"
OPI 24k Ginza Gold
Milani "Mr. Sandman"

I am going to figure out the marble effect one of these days...I almost had it with the water method, so hopefully I'll be able to pull that off soon!

0 comments: