Saturday, October 1, 2011

Life in Hell

Life in Hell is the comic strip that (THE GREAT) Matt Groening made before going on to do make The Simpsons and Futurama. I am a gigantic Matt Groening fan. He has inspired me to watch lots of T.V., be cynical, and know more about the culture that makes our world. I began watching The Simpsons when I was about 2 years old during the shows' first season. It quickly became a family tradition to eat dinner in front of the T.V. while watching The Simpsons, and let me tell you, those are some of my favorite childhood memories. Once I began reading, my father introduced me to Groening's Life in Hell series which includes Love is Hell, Work is Hell, Childhood is Hell, and my personal favorite (and mantra) School is Hell. Each book follows Binky, the one eared bunny, through misfortune.

On my nails I painted my absolute FAVORITE strip from the series, where Binky responds to his shadow of a father that "Mistakes were made," as he stands amongst the wreckage. I put the comic up too so that you can see my inspiration. On my right hand I painted Akbar and Jeff, who make many appearances, and the Charlie Brown-esque logo that is on their shirts.

I hope you enjoy, these are some of my all time favorite nails.

0 comments: