Wednesday, November 30, 2011

BPRD


Here is one for the nerds! The Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense (or the B.P.R.D.) is an organization aimed at protecting the world in the comics of Mike Mignola. Most famously, the B.P.R.D. is in the Hellboy comics and films. I haven't read many of the comics, but I hear they are amazing. And I have to say, Mike Mignola's work is beautiful. When it was announced that Hellboy, the movie, would be directed by Guillermo Del Toro, I think that (the fiance) Ron pooped himself. His list of top 20 favorite things in the world would probably include Hellboy, Mike Mignola, and Guillermo Del Toro, so it was a match made in heaven!

On my nails are the initials B.P.R.D. and the symbol of the organization. I did these nails really, really fast (I think it was about 10 minutes) so they ended up really sloppy. At some point I am going to attempt some more Mike Mignola inspired nails, but not until I'm a way better artist!

0 comments: