Monday, August 8, 2011

A First!




This was the first time that I ever used a brush to paint my nails. Up until this point all of my nails were dotted on with a mechanical pencil. I started out doing my nails like that because I'm not naturally artistic so holding a paint brush felt uncomfortable and I didn't know how to use it. This first attempt was eye opening -- I realized that nail art could be so much easier. I still use the mechanical pencil a lot, because honestly, I'm not totally comfortable with a brush yet. But it was nice to expand my horizons. I realized when I painted these nails that paint brushes give you much more freedom to paint different sized lines, but with that I noticed (which is very evident in this picture) that it can be hard to get consistency in the thickness of lines. I'm only just now getting comfortable with the brush (about 4 months after I painted these nails) but I sure am happy that I finally made the switch.

0 comments: